GROWING CONNECTIONS IN THE TOTAL REWARDS COMMUNITY.
(Pay grade: A-811 and range: $66,775 - $106,840, starting pay: $80,000 - $90,000)
ABOUT OUR JOB
The Office of Human Resources is seeking an experienced, customer-service focused Senior Classification and Compensation Analyst to join our HR team at our offices located at the Denver International Airport. This is an exciting opportunity to plan and provide related analysis and expert consultation to ensure the provision of market-competitive and internally equitable pay to attract and retain extraordinary talent.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the 20th-busiest airport in the world and the 5th-busiest airport in the United States, serving 61.3 million passengers last year and generating more than $26 billion for the region annually. In November 2018, Den was ranked the #1 US airport by the Wall Street Journal. DEN is the largest and newest commercial airport in the United States and consists of 15 million square feet of built environment.
As the Senior Classification and Compensation Analyst at DEN, you will work collaboratively with the other DEN HR team members to support 1,200 city employees working at the airport. You will conduct a comprehensive study of classifications in use at the airport, create and maintain classification descriptions for the city's classification and pay plan, conduct individual position audits, conduct market studies to ensure pay rates are competitive, and conduct internal pay analyses. You will also support DEN during the annual merit program, as well as participate in the completion of third-party compensation surveys. Also, you will have the opportunity to play a participative role in large, city-wide compensation studies and projects.
In this Senior Classification and Compensation Analyst position, you will:
• Conduct market analyses to establish classifications and pay ranges
• Administer pay practices and processes
• Participate in pay plan design and pay program development
• Participate in process analysis and improvement efforts
• Conduct compensation practice research and analysis
• Perform individual position audits and present recommendations at weekly team peer review
• Conduct classification studies to ensure appropriate classifications are available
• Provide classification and compensation consultation to management
• Provide data analyses to inform compensation programs and special projects and in response to anticipated regulatory changes
• Make presentations to key stakeholders, e.g., the Career Service Board, City Council members, the HR community, etc.
• Participate in weekly meetings with the team at our downtown offices
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because this posting may close without advanced notice.
This position is a great opportunity for a strategic individual to utilize their strong business acumen to help influence decisions based on compensation analysis and consultation.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
• Five to eight years of progressively responsible compensation experience in a large organization
• Experience conducting detailed data analyses and partnering with stakeholders to provide business solutions
• Strong research, mathematical, and analytical skills
• Experience articulating complex concepts to non-subject matter experts
• Certified Compensation Analyst (CCP)
• Advanced Excel skills (lookups, pivot tables, complex formula writing, macros, charts, graphs)
• Experience with statistical application such as SPSS
• Master's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Economics, or Mathematics
• Ability to work at Denver International Airport but attend meetings at the Wellington Webb Municipal Building as needed
• Passion for aviation and/or some experience working in aviation or airport operations
• Ability to handle situations with conflicting opinions in a diplomatic, solutions-oriented approach
• A sense of urgency to resolve business needs promptly
• A spirit of collaborative partnership to build support for practical, appropriate solutions
We recognize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet the following required minimum qualifications:
• Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field
• Experience Requirement: Five (5) years of experience in a compensation administration environment.
• Education & Experience Requirement: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required
©2018 Rocky Mountain Total Rewards Association